Reply to a memo on breach of patient privacy

I have posted pictures of my patients getting treated with damaged equipments in our hospital union what's app group to bring to the notice of concerned authorities and the equipments repaired..now the authorities issued a memo for breach of patients privacy ...will this affect my future and how can I reply for this memo

Is there any such Rules issued by the hospital that you can not publish pictures of your patients and if there is one then have you signed the same ? Generally there is no such conditions imposed. Any way since you have been served with Memo and require to submit your reply thereto, I would like to go through the same to advise you properly.You can send the same by email to me.

Obviously there is a violation of Right to Privacy of the patients. But Right to Privacy is a right of the patients concerned and not the hospital as such. So a violation of this right can be claimed only by the patients and not the hospital. But the hospital can take action if you are in any way in breach of your employment contract, but not for violation right to privacy. For detailed opinion kindly send me the memo.

Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers