Filing case in Consumer Court & Medical Council

In Medical Negligence Law
Hello, nI would like to know whether, nIn the case of Death of a Child caused due to Iatrogenic Complications in a HospitalCan a case be filed in both, n1. Consumer Court for Damages suing the Hospital for the Death of the Child &n2. State Medical Council for Cancellation of Medical License of a Doctor for Professional Misconduct nnAt the same timeI would like to know can you file cases in both the Bodies or Only One Body can be approached for a case of Medical Negligence.

Answers (1)

183 votes
Quite often iatrogenic complications are covered under medical negligence. But as far as legal action is concerned evidence is the most important thing. If you have evidence then you can file a case before the consumer commission for compensation and another before the medical council for action against the physician.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."