Tenants not paying the rent and refuse to vacate

What can be done if the tenant refuse to vacate the houseu

Answers (3)

sent legal notice to vacate on the basis of non payment of the rent. and if your client is not vacating then file a petition for eviction on the grounds of wilful default of paying the rent. take immediate steps to protect your rights in the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

In India, Most of the state's have their own Rent Control and Eviction Laws. Refer to your own state laws before arriving at a conclusion. I have mentioned few general Grounds of eviction.

Refusing to pay Rent agreed by tenant, is a ground of eviction by landlord. Further, if the Landlord requires the premises for genuine reason or the period agreed in contract, whether Oral or Written, ends then the tenant is bound to vacate the premises. Refusing to vacate the premises is illegal. The Landlord can approach the court for evicting the tenant on the grounds of refusing to pay Rent, refusing to vacate the premises after expiration of contract period. In case if the Landlord requires the building for repair works, in case of old buildings, or Construction of new buildings, or for personal genuine reason and tenant refuses to vacate, then landlord can apply for eviction.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Send him a legal notice asking him to vacate the house and deliver up vacant possession of it to you within 15 days. Also demand full payment of rental arrears, if any. In case there is no positive development, file a suit at the proper court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Lease Agreement Drafting - Commercial Property

4.7 | 188 ratings
30 Min Into call + Start to finish help - Commercial Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Registration of Lease Agreement

4.4 | 102 ratings
Registration of lease agreement through a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Refund of Security

4.8 | 389 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Residential Property

4.6 | 132 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Residential Lease review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Tenant Eviction

4.6 | 361 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Commercial Property

4.4 | 152 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Commercial Lease review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Landlord / Tenant Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 498 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your landlord / tenant issue
Lease - Residential Property

4.8 | 271 ratings
Residential Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

We have given a room of our house to SBH ATM on rental basis. The agreement is for 15 years. Till now 5 years completed.We are facing a lot of problem…

Read More

Mr.X took a shop on rent from Mr.Z some 18 yrs ago. Since last 5 to 6 yrs Mr.X hasn't been using the shop & his younger brother is using the s…

Read More

My father rented a shop 28 years ago. The rent agreement is not renewed since then, also my dad seems to have misplaced the agreement. The tenant stop…

Read More

Hi Sir/Madam, We have rented house and the tenant has not paid full advance amount (sum of 50000 rs is been paid out of agreed 1lakhs rupees) in the m…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue