quesTenant not vacating can i stop electricity and water supply to house

Sir my tenant is not paying rent or electricity charges for last 6 months & now he is even refusing to vacate . The rent agreement (11 months) had expired on April 2016. 1.Can I stop elec & water supply? 2. Can I take police help?

  • ansYou need not to stop electric or water supply. Firstly you should give legal notice to vacate the premises along with payment of all dues in which will mentioned to disconnect the electric and water supply. Even if he failed to vacate the premises then file a case for eviction.
    Thanks and regards

    Advocate Anand Verdhan Maitreya

      Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

  • ansWell u can file a suit for evi cation. Leaggaly you can not stop e and water the terms are already.laid down in your rent agreement you can file a legal notice for vacating the suite premises as per condition there after you can file the petition before rent controller for Eviction.you need not to go with the police as itisnot criminal.offence it id ytiable by rent controller fotbfuthet legal information you can contact me ay

    Advocate Rajendra Sharma

      Tiz Hazari, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

from feb-2015 i have started a restaurant on a rented commercial property. till now i…

Unfortunately I had signed the aggreement in which it was written in last clause that…
It's allotted house.which was allotted to father who was giving rent for that alotted house…
my father has a house which he rented 10 years ago with out writing any…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly