×

quesTenant not vacating can i stop electricity and water supply to house

Sir my tenant is not paying rent or electricity charges for last 6 months & now he is even refusing to vacate . The rent agreement (11 months) had expired on April 2016. 1.Can I stop elec & water supply? 2. Can I take police help?

• ansYou need not to stop electric or water supply. Firstly you should give legal notice to vacate the premises along with payment of all dues in which will mentioned to disconnect the electric and water supply. Even if he failed to vacate the premises then file a case for eviction.
    Thanks and regards

Advocate Anand Verdhan Maitreya

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

• ansWell u can file a suit for evi cation. Leaggaly you can not stop e and water the terms are already.laid down in your rent agreement you can file a legal notice for vacating the suite premises as per condition there after you can file the petition before rent controller for Eviction.you need not to go with the police as itisnot criminal.offence it id ytiable by rent controller fotbfuthet legal information you can contact me ay

Advocate Rajendra Sharma

Tiz Hazari, Delhi