Query regarding transfer of tenancy in case of death of tenant

My tenant is on death bed. His children are all staying abroad. His wife has died. After his death do I have to pass the tenancy right to his children who do not stay here? Can they leave the flat with the caretaker and go?

Answers (3)

56 votes

You may issue Notice if you know whereabout the children of the tenant after his death relating to arrear dues and take the articles lying in the flat. If anyone respond, then you may enter into new agreement with him. If you do not know whereabout the children of the tenant, then you may issue a Paper advertise regarding the death of your tenant and asked for respond from his children. You can also direct the caretaker to leave the flat or to give rent properly till the children of the tenant has contact with you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

217 votes

After the death of the tenant the tenancy transfer to the children. Here the tenant' s children lives in abroad. You can ask the children whether they want to continue tenancy or not.
The tenancy cannot be transfer to the agent ( caretaker).

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
183 votes

Is there any agreement mentioning the period of tenancy? Is the tenancy was made as salami? Or it was made a leave license? U need to bring all the required documents so that we can provide you the best remedy.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."