Paid rent in cash can i get it written on stamp paper

I hav been paying my landlord the rent by cash..so i dnt hav any proof that i hav paid him the rent so far. I want a stamp paper and will right the details on it and get it signed. Is it possible and will it help?

Hi, I am not understanding why you require such a signed stamp paper for the rent you have paid to your landlord. Anyway, the best option is that prepare a voucher for the rent, whenever you deposit rent to your landlord you may request him to give a receipt of rent. That would serve a proof.

Yes you can prprr rent agreement which will help you a lot a lot yes further it is a guideline for you make the payment by way of cheque or receive a receipt from him so that you can claim your account...........

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Several issues arise in the query. First, how long have you been paying rent by cash. When you were inducted as a tenant. Whether any rent note executed or not. Whether the landlord has demanded rent from you in writing or send any notice for payment of rent.

If the landlord signs in a stamp paper, or even otherwise, that there are no arrears of rent payable by you, that will settle the matter.

The moment you send a notice for receipt, 100% chances are that the landlord will reverts saying you have not paid rent.

If matters had to a show-down, then matter can be taken to the court by you, before he drags you to the court.