Paid rent in cash can i get it written on stamp paper

I hav been paying my landlord the rent by i dnt hav any proof that i hav paid him the rent so far. I want a stamp paper and will right the details on it and get it signed. Is it possible and will it help?

Answers (3)

192 votes

Hi, I am not understanding why you require such a signed stamp paper for the rent you have paid to your landlord. Anyway, the best option is that prepare a voucher for the rent, whenever you deposit rent to your landlord you may request him to give a receipt of rent. That would serve a proof.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

63 votes

Yes you can prprr rent agreement which will help you a lot a lot yes further it is a guideline for you make the payment by way of cheque or receive a receipt from him so that you can claim your account...........

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
282 votes

Several issues arise in the query. First, how long have you been paying rent by cash. When you were inducted as a tenant. Whether any rent note executed or not. Whether the landlord has demanded rent from you in writing or send any notice for payment of rent.

If the landlord signs in a stamp paper, or even otherwise, that there are no arrears of rent payable by you, that will settle the matter.

The moment you send a notice for receipt, 100% chances are that the landlord will reverts saying you have not paid rent.

If matters had to a show-down, then matter can be taken to the court by you, before he drags you to the court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."