New landlord ask to vacate property given on rent from past 20 years

Hi there,i have a roadside business from past 20 years in particular land which is owned by the person,we've been paying rent to that owner but the problem arises the owner of that land,sold his property to other person where the new owner demands us to vacate the place so here i want to know do we have right to fight for the land ?

Answers (3)

You can approach the court of law with all the material of paper and evidence to show that your been running the business since twenty years long years.
If you can enough of evidence to show that you run your business during last twenty years years then the landlord can vacat you without the due process of law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

You have to file suit for injunction against the new and old land owners restrain them to forcefully vacated you from that land, If you have tenable grounds court will granted ad-interim injunction on the same day of filing of the case. for filing case consult me through this website.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
23 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

If he is new owner then you are bounded to listen as what he says , try to negotiate and talk with him or the next step will be that you can file an injunction suit against the new owner and it is only for some time at last also you have to vacate the premises you cannot lay a claim being a tenant. Call us through the website for further assistance.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Lease Agreement Drafting - Commercial Property

4.7 | 188 ratings
30 Min Into call + Start to finish help - Commercial Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Registration of Lease Agreement

4.4 | 102 ratings
Registration of lease agreement through a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Refund of Security

4.8 | 389 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Residential Property

4.6 | 132 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Residential Lease review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Tenant Eviction

4.6 | 361 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Commercial Property

4.4 | 152 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Commercial Lease review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Landlord / Tenant Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 498 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your landlord / tenant issue
Lease - Residential Property

4.8 | 271 ratings
Residential Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Have been living in the premises for 20 yrs along with my parents. Both owner of premises /my father who entered into rent agreement have expired. Now…

Read More

My father had rented our shop for government ration shop in 2003 and the agreement period is for 3 years. They should have vacated the shop by 2006 it…

Read More

I gave my house on rent in Vikaspuri, Delhi on Company Lease. The tenant somehow stole the company letter heads and prepared the lease. When I asked t…

Read More

If we give our house after having a registered rent agreement are there any chances of him not vacating the house? In case the case goes to the court …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue