Legal remedy against landlord harassing for more money

I have taken a floor on agreement of 11 month and i have the documents also, but after just 15 days of agreement my landlord is harrassing me by asking me for more money or else i vacate the floor. I have a baby n wife too. I dont know what should i do, he is forcing me to leave the place right away or give him the amount he is asking more. Plz help me plz .. what can i do in this matter. Plz help me

Answers (5)

125 votes

hello. First of all you have to see whether the terms and conditions mentioned in the 11 month rent agreement are very clear about the amount of rent to be paid and no escalation whatsoever has been mentioned thereof. Secondly, dont communicate with the landlord on telephone infact write a letter to him/her stating all the facts and whatever I happening in detail and to stop harassing you. Don't miss out on anything and if you want we can help you in that also.
Thereafter, if the landlord still continues to harass you, you can file a complaint in the concerned police station alongwith the copy of this letter and the {Police authorities shall take action accordingly.

Shreya S Dabas

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

342 votes

U need not worry. As per the rent agreement u r protected till 11 months. If all else fails u may approach the court seeking appropriate remedy as per law u r protected. U need to file a injunction case

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
303 votes

This is the matter of nuisance and violation of agreement . You can go for the suit for permanent injunction through which you will get the stay on the property and therefore the landlord will not be able to vacate the premises and for the harassment done by the landlord you can file a complainant under section 425 of IPC through court and even to the concerned police station.

342 votes

If you have a valid agreement, signed by both parties, your landlord cannot do this. I would however, need to look at the agreement to see what is the notice period under the agreement. He may be entitled to ask you to move, however, in such a case, we would need to give you notice. If you want to enter into litigation, you would the option of approaching the courts under the rent control laws or under contract and specific relief laws (with respect to a breach of contract). Having said, I would need to look at your agreement before explaining your options.

278 votes

Have you paid him security amount ?
If yes then file a suit for permanent and mandatory injunction against him and take stay till your validity of your rent agreement.
For more about your quiry please contact us any time between 9am to 8pm.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."