Legal action against flat owner refuses to allow female guests to flat

My flat owner refuses to allow female guests to my flat. May be these are the bye-laws of the housing society. But doesn't this mean that these bye-laws are directly challenging my fundamental rights? I can do whatever I want to in the flat for which I'm paying the rent except for physically damaging it or creating a nuisance or disturbance. Can I go to court for this and challenge the owner's refusal or challenge the bye-laws of the housing society? Thanks.

Answers (3)

332 votes

Are you residing with family? at what time your female guests are coming? You have to abide bye-laws of the society. If you feel that your fundamental rights are violating it is better you have vacate and search for new one where you can stay comfortably. Why to invite unnecessary troubles in peaceful life.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

68 votes

You can approach the court under S. OP challenging the bye laws of society which are overruling your fundamental right.
You can also file wirt against the owner in high court.
You have got a good case to lead with.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
160 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From: Hyderabad, @

Yes it against the fundamental rights, you should remember that every fundamental right is not absolute, you can challenge the by-laws of the society in the High Court by filing writ petition for violation of your fundamental right. for filing writ petition kindly consult me through this website.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."