Landlord sent notice of eviction for non-payment of rent. What to do?

Hello sir/ma'am I'm 21 year old (hindu,obc) and live with my mother now , I'm a tenant from 2010 to till now but last to last month my landlord send us a lawyer notice of eviction my father received it on 19/01/17 and lend us one month period to leave house till 19/02/17 , in that notice they wrote we haven't paid rent from july to till now and then after few days on 03/02/17 my father passed away due to heart failure then we have been busy for a while and went to our village and now when we came back our landlord said to leave in 6 days which is 13/03/17 or they will take legal action by giving petition in court and sending police at our home to leave , i haven't found a new home yet i need bit time to find a new home can any thing be done in this case? and yes they are demanding 88 thousand as rent from july to till now to do satelment if i want to live here more.,please guid me idk what to do.

You haven't mentioned the state you belong to.Different states have different Rent Laws.But in almost all rent laws the landlords can not only recover rent arrears ,but can get his property vacated.No excuse shall help you.

In your you have not indicated as to whether there is any agreement between the landlord and tenant. If there is any agreement it's terms shall apply . If there is any agreement then who are parties there . Answer it,there after I may give you a suggestion.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers