Landlord not accepting rent due to a dispute, what to do?

I have a room in pagdi system and my landlord is not accepting rent since almost 4 years due to a dispute. What should I do? Should I directly deposit it in his account as he hasn't furnished the rent receipt yet. Please suggest what should I do?

Answers (3)

306 votes

Dear sir, if the landlord is not accepting the rent then you can issue legal notice through lawyer to landlord for accepting the rent amount. For more information feel free to contact us for any kind of help

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

309 votes

respected sir
i need following more information to answer your question correctly.
1. Have you made agreement with owner?
2 if yes up to what period?
3. Whether owner provided you rent receipt previously?
4. What was the mode of rent payment in past?
5. Reasons for not accepting the rent from you?
Thank You

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
130 votes

Sir, You have to file application for fixation of standard rate in the civil court and we have to create dispute and thereafter we can deposit rent in the court and the court will issue the receipt of the same.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."