Father's property on rent but wants agreement on son's name

my father has a property..he want to give it on rent but want the agreement to be made on sons name and rent should be given to son

Answers (2)

273 votes

Agreement has to be entered with the landlord i.e. Father. Provision can be made in the agreement to the effect that the rent be paid to the son, and such payment to the son shall be sufficient discharge from the liability to pay rent.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

164 votes

Agreement has to be made in the name of father only. Father can give power of attorney to son and as far as rent is concerned it can be mutually given to son but if you want son's name in the agreement than name transfer procedure has to be followed by way of gift deed or others

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."