Took hard disk while resigning from company. FIR filed.What to do now?

My company has filed an FIR against me as I took one computer hard disk at the time of leaving the company. I am a salaried person and my organisation held my 45 days (from 1st Dec 2013 to 15th Jan 2014) salary and my request to them to pay my salary did not get any result.


I left my job on 15 Jan 2014 with one computer hard disk, and now after more than one month someone call me that an FIR has been filed against me about the above matter.


I need your advise what should I do? Please reply at the soonest. Thank you.




Kindly let us know which all sections are invoked against you, in case you are aware about the same. In all probabilities the FIR will be under Section 406 (criminal breach of trust) & 420 (cheating) IPC.


At the onset, we can say that firstly, there is a delay by the organization in lodging the FIR and secondly, there is vengeance as the motive in falsely implicating you.


If there is a Cognizable offence against you the Police has the power to arrest you. You must seek an anticipatory bail at the soonest possible.


All other issues and actionable from your end regarding the recovery of your unpaid dues which can be recovered via a Civil recovery suit can be discussed once you are relieved of the criminal charges initiated against you by your company.


Learn what is the difference between cognizable and non-cognizable offences and get the details about them with this Indian Criminal Law Guide.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I was employed by a private sector company and was terminated by them on 2nd March 2017. They offered me an additional month salary while separation. …

Read More

hi, i resigend from my last company with immediate effect, in my joinibg letter it was required 3 months notice period, now they are asking me money a…

Read More

Dear Sir / Madam, I was Retrenched by our company before 1 year in July 2014, just now company is closed & we are not get any compensation by our …

Read More

Dear concern, Till today ( after 1.5 yrs) I have not received my three months salary bcz of Let me burn TB after recovery thevy refuse to give salary…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue