Teacher's 1 month salary deduced for absence on school reopening day

One month salary deducted as I was not present on 1st day of reopening of school after winter holidays. I had to stay back for 14 days to fulfill the religious rituals of late father in law. Principal says it's new government rule. Is it?

Leave ordinarily begins from the date on which leave as such is actually availed of and ends on the day preceding the date on which duty is resumed. Saturdays, Sundays, Restricted Holidays and other Holidays or the vacation may be prefixed as well as suffixed to any leave, subject to any limit of absence on leave prescribed under each category of leave. Regards

Of course this can’t be any Government rule. In case if it is for one day absent, one month salary cannot be sustained as this is not proportional. On the other hand if this is a disciplinary action then also it’s unreasonable as then what about the other days in which the teacher had actually worked!
Though unauthorised or without information leaves are always subjected to unpaid and even the employer can declare abscond! And the employer is also at its discretion to rejoin the employee.

New Friends Colony, Delhi