Short service commissioning and Pregnancy

I have been granted Short service in medical corps. My medical was done in January of this year and i was fit for joining. My posting order has come out in Aug and I'm in my 7th month of pregnancy. The hospital I'm supposed to report isn't commissioning me on grounds of my pregnancy. They are aware of HC order that pregnancy is not unfit condition kindly help

Answers (3)

278 votes

Dear Client,

You have written your query in short. However, you need to write to the issuing authority of your joining letter and request them to direct the concerned Unit or Hospital to allow you to join or extend your joining date on the medical grounds.

You may contact me for further advise and course of action alongwith all relevant papers.


HS Verma

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

277 votes

This is my response to you:
1. Send them a legal notice;
2. State that this is a clear violation of Maternity of Benefits Act;
3. You can also complain to the authority established under the Act;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take legal steps.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
162 votes

As per your query
Your medical was done in first month of this year. You have received posting order in month of August. And you are in 7th month of pregnancy in this situation you can just join that post and after joining on next day you can put application for leave.. definitely they will grant the same.

Thank you

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles