Salary dues from employer and mental harassment

I was working with proprietorship based IT company (Noida based) from past 7 years. I left the organization on August 31st due to non-payment of salaries form a long time; 4-month salary is due in total from June to September. After following up for 4 months, it seems that they don’t want to pay the same. I went through lot more that I cannot explain here. I have all the documents with me like Resignation Acceptance Email, Salary Slips, Employment Letter Bank Statements and Relieving Letter. What actions can I take to recover the salary?

Answers (5)

Dear Client,
As per your aforementioned facts; you have to need an advocate for filling a case under Payment of Wages, 1936 at Labour Court under Deputy Labour Commissioner or Prescribed Authority;

Section 17 : Appeal

For More details you can contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Since you have all the documents from the company, recovery of salary from the company will be easy for you. Please follow the following steps : -
First step - send a legal notice demanding payment of full salary of 4 months within 15 days or 1 month.
Second step - file a case for recovery on the company.
Feel free to contact for more information.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

you should serve a legal notice upon the employer to clear your dues within 30 days from receipt of your notice and if they do not pay even after receipt of the notice then file a Suit for Recovery of Arrears of Salary in the Civil Court of the area where the company is situated.

Send a legal notice to this co. calling upon them to immediately release all your dues, including your salary that is in arrears.

If this legal notice is not complied with, you will have to approach the Court and file a case.


You can file a petition for intimation of corporate insolvency resolution process against your employer company under section 9 of the Insolvency And Bankruptcy Code 2016. Sinceyou have provided services and worked with your employer, you are its operational creditor. For doing so, a notice under a requiside format has to be sent to your epmoyer. It also matters as to what is the total quantum of arrears of your salary.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

I have worked for a FMCG company in Bangalore for 3 years & have resigned in 2014 however employer has not paid me my settlement dues till now.l a…

Read More

I have worked for one company for one year and given resignation and came out after serving the notice period. I relieved from the company on 6 Oct 20…

Read More

Respected Sir/ Madam, i'm Working as lower division clerk, in Westbengal health and family welfare. We are recruited through exam, named wbssc in …

Read More

I have salary dues from Abhijeet Ferro Alloys HO Nagpur. Their plant is in Vizag. Can I file case in Vizag…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue