If there is a false FIR against me, will it affect my government job

22-Mar-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
my neigbour has filed an fir against me that i assulted him and his daughter and they have registred an fir against me i have also appeared before judge .now i have got a govt job will it affect my job as i have been selected by SSB as junior assistant i asked them to sought it outside court but they hv rejected my request .what should i do as they filed a fake case against me
Answers (2)

Answer #1
771 votes
Immediately file a Petition under section 482 Cr PC for quashing the false FIR filed from some competent lawyer before relevant high court and in meantime submit an affidavit to the Employers about the details of the case only after you have filed the 482 petition.
People also ask

Can a person with criminal case get government job?

If a person has been cleared of all charges by a court, they can be considered for government jobs. The applicant must have no pending criminal charges against him. 30-Dec-2022

Will a govt employee be suspended if jailed for 48 hrs?

Pending Criminal Charges: Suspension from Service According to the law, any employee of government who spends more than fourty-eight hours in police custody is suspended. Even if the charge is for a death or dowry case, the employee will be dismissed - even if they have not spent any time in police custody.

What happens if FIR is filed against a govt employee?

If a State or Central Govt employee is arrested and held in police or judicial custody for over 48 hours in a criminal case, they will be suspended from their job pending disciplinary proceedings and trial.

Answer #2
708 votes
Dear Client,
Once the FIR is lodged against you. You have only one remedy that is to quash the said FIR from the Hon'ble high court. IO can not remove your name from the FIR or from the chargesheet. He can only give clean shit to you by saying that no offence is made out against you. But in that case also it is for the court whether the concerned court drop your name from chargesheet or not. Generally the court doesn't consider IO's request in such a cases. So I would suggest you to quash the FIR otherwise it will always be a hindrance to your career. Rest is your discretion.
Tushar Bahadur,
High Court Lucknow.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."