quesCompany deducting 3 months salary. Notice period served

I was in a pharma company based in Mumbai since 2 years. When i resigned that time i gave notice to the company. Now they said that two month salary will be deducted. As per the employment contract it should be 2 months. Although i have not signed any document where mention any condition yet i am ready to give 2 months salary. But now they are asking for 3 months. Is it right? Can i go for it in labour court? my designation was district manager.

  • ansYou are governed by the service conditions mentioned in the appointment letter.
    If there is no condition regarding severance of relations then a reasonable notice of 2 months should suffice. Therefore the employer is not justified in asking 3 months salary as notice period.

    You have to file a civil suit for recovery of your dues since Industrial Dispute Act is not applicable to you being employed in managerial capacity.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have 9 years of experience 6 months back I took a job where I…

Dear Sir/Madam,, I am working in a private company since Jan,2015. i got another job…
I worked in a company at Gurgaon from 21st July 2014 and resigned on 04th…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly