Can a son get a compassionate job after his father's death

22-Apr-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
My father was a west bengal transport corporation employee dying while in his service period can i get an oppurtunity as a legal heir his service still left for 6 years
Answers (2)

Answer #1
631 votes
As per the employment laws in India there is no such rules however if the Company policy do have any of such rules then also such rules may be the discretionary on the part of the employer. If the deceased employee works in government sector then also the service rules need to be checked out or any employee employer agreement in this respect.
Answer #2
558 votes
Since his service left for more than two years, you can certainly pray for compassionate appointment. You have to establish that the family is in extreme financial distress and in need of urgent financial support after the death of the bread earner. Apply immediately, fill up the proforma for compassionate appointment. Don't delay as delay could be fatal. Even if few days after the application is made rush to the court for an order. Hon'ble High Court at Calcutta and SAT Bikash Bhawan in plenty of my matters ordered such compassionate appointment or appointment in die in harness category. All the best. Regards

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."