Son died in a hospital who will get is medical insurance money

My 27 year old married son died in hospital during treatment.I had paid hospital bill through my bank account by cheque.Also premium for policy sas also paid by me by cheque.In this case who will be benificery to get claim amount ,me or my sons spouse wife ?

Answers (1)

278 votes

When any individual buys an insurance policy he has to name a nominee. The insurance company pays the claim to the nominee and frees itself of all liability under the policy. However, the nominee holds the claim amount in trust for the actual beneficiary. In this case, assuming, your son's wife is the nominee, you can recover the amount from her after she has received the money from the insurance company.
But, proper legal advice can only be given after knowing the full facts of the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Insurance Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles