Legal consequences of claiming insurance against fake driving licence

Hi, one of my friend took my car, and get it wrecked. He filed a insurance claim for my car, and we got the insurance amount. But problem came after that. My friend told me that his DL is fake. If I put in case of seeking compensation from my friend, and tell insurance company that his DL was fake, will insurance company ask for recovery from me or my friend?

1. The back-end team of insurance company would make investigation on the documents submitted to them for claim. If insurance company find any discrepancies then they may file criminal complaint against you / your friend.

2. I suggest you to issue legal notice to the insurance company explaining the situation and wait for their reply on the same.

Insurance co. has paid money to you as insurance claim, not to your friend. If any fraud found, you will be held liable, Not your friend. Insurance company cannot hold your friend liable as policy will be in your name, claim will be done in your name and claim will be allowed in yoir name.

Popular Insurance Lawyers