quesInsurance company asking to get non traceable report from court.

My car was stolen earlier this year. I got the non traceable report from police. Now insurance company is asking me to get non traceable report from the court. Only then i can get insurance claim. What can i do?

  • ans

    If your car has been stolen, the first thing to do will be to file a police report. Notify your insurance company as soon as you file the police report, this will help in case the thief has caused some damage to others with your car.

    Also please note, your insurance company will not process your claim if you have not filed a report with the police.

    It is also important to inform your RTO of the theft.

    When you notify your insurance company, provide them all the details of loan/lease of your car along with the FIR.

    Provide them with a description of your car, mileage, service record if any. Also submit the list of personal items stolen along with the car.

    Inform your financier immediately of the theft and ask them to discuss the case directly with your insurer this might expedite the claim process.

    In case the police recover the vehicle, inform your insurer about the same.

    If the vehicle is recovered, the Insurance company is liable to pay compensation on damages caused to the vehicle as per the terms and conditions of your policy and for stolen items if any, which are
    covered under your policy.

    If the vehicle is not recovered, the police have to provide a Non-Traceable Certificate (NTC) and the court will have to give a final report under sec 173 Crpc.

    So, the insurance company must be asking for final report from the court, so after receiving NTC, the court will give you a final report.


    Click here to find the best Insurance lawyer in your city.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Insurance lawyers in India

Similar questions

a company by name ONE ASSIST collected premium for mobile insurance and not providing claim.…
I file case more than 1.5 years and claim not received yet. Please let me…

Dear sir i had taken group mediclaim policy from a company last year which was…

My parent is having Mediclaim policy with New India company. Now he was admitted in…

Insurance Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Pritesh A Burad

  Thane (w)
 Experience: 4 years

Advocate Ankita Singh

 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Anurag Garg

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>