Insurance co. wrongly charged premium despite my refusal to continue

I got a ICICI prudential life policy and I paid a premium in last financial year – Rs.2 lacs. I realized that the policy was not effective and I emailed the bank on 31Dec 2014 that I do not want to continue the policy and they should not charge me the premium for 2015.

They also sent me a acknowledgement email. But they still charged the premium in March this year and are not refunding it now.

What should I do now?

Answer

If your money is not being refunded after making requests then,
You can send a legal notice through an advocate to the company demanding your pending dues.

If the company doesn't reply to the notice then a complaint can be filed in the concerned consumer court regarding the same.

Popular Insurance Lawyers