Insurance co. wrongly charged premium despite my refusal to continue

I got a ICICI prudential life policy and I paid a premium in last financial year – Rs.2 lacs. I realized that the policy was not effective and I emailed the bank on 31Dec 2014 that I do not want to continue the policy and they should not charge me the premium for 2015.

They also sent me a acknowledgement email. But they still charged the premium in March this year and are not refunding it now.

What should I do now?

Answers (1)

298 votes

If your money is not being refunded after making requests then,
You can send a legal notice through an advocate to the company demanding your pending dues.

If the company doesn't reply to the notice then a complaint can be filed in the concerned consumer court regarding the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Insurance Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles