Copy of written statement of investigator hired by insurance company

Sir car insurance company's hired investigator has taken written statements in writing from me and my driver regarding the accident of my car. Now the investigator has send me a letter asking a few questions. He has asked the questions which are based on written statements of my driver and the owner i.e me. But the questions which are asked by the investigator are very different as compared to the statements given by me. Now can I ask for a copy of of our that written statements from investigator. ?? As we don't have any copy of that statements Please reply?

Please confirm whether this is an investigator or a surveyor who is appointed to investigate. Under law, only a surveyor report is valid. An investigator is not appointed under any law and thus his report cannot adversely affect you or your rights.

In case this is an investigator and not a surveyor, you can make known to the insurance company and him that his report cannot adversely affect your right. In any case, you can always ask for a copy of your written statements but it is better you question the locus of the investigator to investigate in the first place and ask about the law under which he is appointed and under which he report is valid.

Popular Insurance Lawyers