Complaint against insurance agent who already left the company

02-Apr-2023 (In Insurance Law)
When I was working with insurance company in 2011.... was sourced one policy by me to customer....at the time of taking policy customer was intimated all terms and conditions of the policy and policy benefits as well.but now in 2017 ....he is claiming me for miss saling for that policy ...and customer is threatening me that he will file complaint or fir against me ...i left that company in 2015 ...am no more working with insurance now... he is keep calling me and haressing me for the same..does he can legally take action against me ????? Or else I do not need to worry about it..plzz reply

Answer #1
You need not worry. When a person buys insurance, he is issued a policy certificate. All terms and conditions are clearly mentioned in such certificate .Insurance companies give a free look period wherein a customer can return the policy and get a refund if there is any problem. Also alleging miss selling after six years makes little sense. However, better legal advice can be given only after the facts of the case are known fully.