Clarification on sections 304 and 323 IPC

Police is arrested in ipc 304 &323 Is this bailable.

Answers (3)

181 votes

Section 304 IPC is non bailable offence. The bail can granted to session court as thish offence is session trial. Magistrate have no power to grant bail. you are advice to file bail application before Magistrate Court first then session court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

247 votes

304 ipc is non bailable 323 is but collectively no bail share fir copy for further clarification the contents of the fir will let me come to a conclusion whether bail will be available or not however if you just want to know whether offence is non bailable then yes

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
339 votes

Section 304 IPC culpable homicide not amounting to murder is not bailable while section 323 is bailable. But one section if not bailable it means you have to get bail from sessions court. First you have to move bail before magistrate and after its rejection by the magistrate you may file for bail in sessions court. There is a way of obtaining order from the high court in a petition for filing bail before magistrate and sessions court same day and in this case you may be bailed out same day.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles