Wife has filed for 498A and 406 after mutual consent divorce

Got divorced in May 2015 in Us with mutual consent settling all issues.Back home her mother filed complaint and summons were issuedin June 2015. Quash proceedings were withdrawn in high court to seek revision which is pending and not yet decided.Want to know and /or wish to move High court for expediting revision.The complainant has now initiated for declaration of my son as PO while we are on bail.want the legal remedies available to get rid of the problem. We are Hindu

Answers (2)

177 votes

Data is insufficient however, A PERSON WHO IS ON BAIL cannot be declared as PO unless he fail to appear on date before the Court and his bail is cancelled and warrants are issued for his arrest. Produce him in Court and take bail again. Contest the complaint and most probably you will get relief from the lower courts.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

262 votes

arrange all papers and meet with us, there is nose to file complaint under 498A, foreign Judgments are admissible in Indian Court of Law, and if you have beet granted mutual divorce. first you should get bail or you may move for quashing of proceedings on the basis of mutual divorce in Hon'ble Punjab and Haryana High Court

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles