While mutual consent divorce case is pending wife apply for USA visa

09-Apr-2023 (In Divorce Law)
Hello..i have filed for divorce with a mitual consenr with my husband..the next date. For final signature is in july amd he is from india..but i am applying for B 2 VISA FOR USA visitor visabin what exact status should i tell about marriage and will it have negative impact on approval of my visa
Answers (3)

Answer #1
625 votes
Hello mam,
In special and emergency ground there is no need to waiting period. You can apply before the hon'ble court quick divorce on specific circumstances as per the case Law of hon'ble supreme court Anjana Kishore vs Puneet Kishore. Apply before court with taken on board application. And give reference above case Law. Then you can get order of divorce. Then you can show your married status as a single.
Answer #2
746 votes
yes, you can apply , you are not necessary to disclose the said reasons to authority because you can extend your matter for next 6 months also or you can appoint any power of attorney to attend the same on your behalf as per new Judgement,
Answer #3
692 votes
Since the divorce is not yet formalized/confirmed by the Court, you need to mention the status as married and there is no other alternative available to you to avoid any negative impact on the approval.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."