What to do if consultant is threatening me to pay his fees ?

I had hired a pr consultant for my Canada immigration filing. He takes 25k inr from me and not processed my file more than 6 months. (did not start anything) So, I took all my documents back and now he is sending me emails to pay 60k inr to avoid legal consequences. I had never signed any agreement and also have a receipt for the paid fee. He is threatening me. What should I do?

Answers (1)

If you had agreed verbally then you should pay your commitment to him. Contracts can be in writing or verbal and they are enforceable by law. The Law is not to help you cheat the citizens but to protect against those that cheat.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Immigration Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Salil Saudagar
Bardez, Goa
13 years Experience
Advocate Rabindra Kumar Singh
Chicago, USA
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Usa visa officer refuse my immigration CR1 petition spouse file on my interview they need all evidences about my and my wife relations after and befor…

Read More

I am working in an MNC located in India for "XX" Project. Now the Client is ready to offer me a job in NYC. My current employer in India nev…

Read More

Hello, i am currently living in Ireland, but i want to apply for a Indian residence as my nationality is Mauritian. due to my grandfather being Indian…

Read More

my son has gone to US under work Visa and got married there to a US citizen. its going to be a year for there marriage. i had applied for US Visa alon…

Read More