Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Difference in name for Visa Application

last two days back my mom transferred property on my name but in that they mentioned Ms Shwetha instead mrs because I'm married and I'm going to submit this paper with my visa application as a supporting document so my question is it okay with Ms

Answers (2)

Hi if you going to applying the visa for usa than ms can be used because in usa ms can be used by married women, it is a common thing overthere but in india some embassy create problem for you regarding ms and mrs.

So i request you to change the suffix from ms to mrs to get your visa successfully.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes it is ok with Ms. Makes no difference as long as your passport name hasn't changed from your visa application form and other documents. Even in courts ladies are addressed as Ms, irrespective of marital status. It won't cause any problems

Popular Immigration Lawyers

Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
7 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
17 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
3 years Experience
Advocate Sunderjit Nanua
Old Post Office Street, Kolkata
17 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Document Review - Visa Application

4.6 | 163 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 7999
Review + 30 Min phone call - Visa Application review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Immigration Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 431 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Immigration related issue
Similar questions

I was working in US and have H1B stamped in passport and Green card application is in progress. Now I am in India and want to visit US for business me…

Read More

Dear Sir/Madam, I have done my Masters in UK and working in India right now. I have gone to a consultant for immigration purpose. He suggested me a fr…

Read More

I got divorced in 2012 on mutual concern. My Ex-Husband is married now. Even I am getting married in 2014 and will be shifting to USA. I just wanted t…

Read More

My friend was born in India. He has the birth certificate mentioning the name of the Indian hospital, where he was born, along with the date. Few year…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue