Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Clarifications On GST Margin Scheme.

In Notification No. 10/2017- Central Tax (Rate), New Delhi (dated 28th June 2017) Govt. notified Margin Scheme for relief to the dealers who deal in Second Hand Goods from cascading effect of Tax. I want to get registered under GST and to avail the benefits of this scheme. I have some queries regarding Margin Scheme: 1. Type of Document for sale under Margin Scheme Bill of Supply or Tax Invoice. 2. Can a dealer sell or purchase interstate under Margin Scheme? 3. Can a dealer made Regular Transactions by charging full tax together with transactions under Margin Scheme? 4. Reverse charge on the purchase of goods from unregistered dealer interstate or intrastate under Margin Scheme. 5. Reverse charges on labour, etc. incurred for refurbishing of goods without changing nature of goods under Margin Scheme. 6. How to show input & output supplies made under Margin Scheme and tax on supplies in GSTR3B, GSTR1 & GSTR2. 10. Goods or items on which Margin Scheme can not be avail.

Answers (1)

Margin scheme is only for traders. Let me tell you in case of sale and purchase of second hand goods, margin scheme is to be applied. To answer your query, please send me the nature of your trade you are in. What products are you dealing in. For example, in case of sale of old use Cars, there is now seperate scheme. Hence answer your query, brief details of nature of transaction needs to be understood.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular GST Lawyers

Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Ruchira Chaudhary
Sector 50, Gurgaon
20 years Experience
Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao
K G Road, Bangalore
32 years Experience
Advocate Charu Mathur
Supreme Court of India, Delhi
18 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

about GST rules of llp company with turnover less than 10 lacs.…

Read More

I had paid 53100 to a coaching class. Subsequently due to changes in T&C I applied for refund. They refunded 45000. They deducted 8100 as gst amou…

Read More

I have a query. Are the law firms or Individual lawyer are exempted to pay GST if they are dealing Immigration cases in India.…

Read More

Haryana VAT Authorities used to bother traders regarding out of state sales on C / F form as Revenue of Haryana Govt is lost, Can such problems still …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue