Can I set off GST payable against my Input Tax Credit ?

I am manufacturer exporter and selling goods domestically as well as exporting goods. I want to know can i set off the IGST PAyable with my Input Tax credit. As how can somebody pay 18% to the government on export and wait for the refunds to be made by government. Please share your views

IGST payable on domestic supplies can be paid through input tax credit. The input tax credit can also be used for payment of IGST on Exports and subsequently claim refund from govt in cash. If for some reason the input tax credit is in excess and is unutilised refund can be claimed but such refunds are difficult to get from govt and in most of the cases it is rejected. Therefore it is better to pay duty on Exports and claim refund.

Popular GST Lawyers