Would like to file complaint against cheating lawyer in bar council

I hired a lawyer for divorce. And told him that I don’t know my wife’s whereabouts.The lawyer gave me false hope saying that he would send divorce notice to some address and arrange someone to receive it and will get the divorce case completed within 4 months.He arranged another lawyer and asked me give Rs30000 in the beginning itself.I transferred Rs 30000 to his account from my account.I had doubt about the possibilities after giving money and discussed with him to make sure but he brainwashed me and made me to put signature in the divorce petition.I had discussion with another lawyer the same day and came to know that this not possible and will create a problem in the future.So,I asked him not to file a case and said I don’t want to continue the case and asked him to return money by deducting his fee.But he is saying right now he filed and the entire Rs 30000 is for filing case.I didn’t even get HMOP petition number.shall I file a complaint against them in a bar council ?

Answers (1)

177 votes

The advocate community is rotten because of the clients like you who are willing to go to any extent to get things done. You have consented to put some other address to cheat on your wife and now blaming the advocate. The amount of rs.30000/ is not high. A qualified advocate would charge that amount. If you want to check whether the petition is filed you could personally go and check the court records.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."