Wife of brother in law threatening to file false dowry case what to do

Dear Sir My brother inlaw is getting threat from his wife that they will file some false case of dowari and they will also involve me but I have no involvement in it so how can I be safe what is the way

Answers (2)

344 votes

As soon as you received threat you have to register a Complaint in nearby Police Station with respect to Threat of Concerned. The dowry case is not easy to file now a days as Hon'ble Supreme Court has ruled out that out of 100 cases 98 cases are false. There is direction from the Hon'ble Supreme Court that, no case of S.498 IPC would be file until and unless there is a Counselling take place between the parties before Police Official and if Consellings fails by all means then only FIR would be against the in-laws.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

207 votes

You have not specified the incidents on which the allegations are based.
If it is considered to be severe then you may face consequences under IPC.
If those allegations are baseless them you don't need to be worried about it.
Contact for further discussions.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."