Wife obtained the copy of my bank account and filed a case. What to do

I am a blind man. My petitioner wife has fraudulently obtained a xerox copy of my bank account extract (not certified) through her contact in bank some time ago has tried to place it before the court. Court refused to accept it asking for a certified copy. May be for her bad luck, she has made an application to the court to summon the account extract from bank and has made an affidavit to that effect. I have taken up the issue with the bank as I have not made any written request anytime but how did she get the xerox copy of the same. Can I prosecute my wife on doing so in my case?

Answers (2)

269 votes

She might have obtained the extract of your bank account either by way of request letter or through RTI stating that she is your wife and stating that you are blind. If you initiate any sort of civil or criminal proceedings against your wife for obtaining your Bank Account details fraudulently it won't serve any purpose becz she might plead that she got the xerox copy which was available at home or from your support.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

330 votes

Hi sir/madam, you have to issued a legal notice to the said Bank for the claiming without consent of yours disclose your account details to the third party. Yes you can prosecute against the bank as well as against your wife for the doing so.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."