Wife is absconding with child and left for Cyprus from Abu Dhabi

My wife and my 1 year old child were staying with me in uae abu dhabi one day she just packs up and goes back to her home country in greece/cyprus as we were about to shift to delhi. After that she is absconding and does not wanna return back. I want to bring them back home to delhi and send a notice through the greek and cyprus embassy to come back home as they are absconding.

Answers (2)

227 votes

Hello, you have to file a case against your wife in Greece through embassy for restitution of conjugal rights. She will have only two choices, one to join you or to grant divorce. You can also get custody of child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

343 votes

Well, your case does not fall in the category of 'absconding'. Abscond means to leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to escape from custody or avoid arrest. Your wife and child are not in your custody and are not avoiding any arrest. In my view this is not a situation where you need legal advice. It has not reached that stage yet. I would advice you to try and convince her and try to mitigate if there is any difference between you and your wife. Availing amicable remedies is the way to go about it. Regards.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."