Wife files for maintenance after incomplete mutual consent divorce

After i had paid half of the amount decided for mutual consent divorce case with my wife . i withdrew form that case and divorce did not happen due to unforeseeable circumstances . now after 3 years after having left my house wife has filled a maintenance 125 crpc case and a divorce by decree against me. 1/ what are the chances of her filling a dv or 498a case against me. and how much ground they will hold. 2/ what should i do in such a situation ?

Answers (2)

The amount you already pays can be deducted by the court while decides maintainance.... and ask for the maintenance is her legal right.... and filling a case of DV and 498 are option she can file it ....

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

See as you withdrew from the mutual consent divorce before the second motion so I believe that you are not yet divorced from your wife. Now as per law a woman cannot file DV against you after 1 year of ending of household relationship. Hence, in the present situation if she files a DV case then you can challenge its maintainability. However, you can file a 498A case against you but you can always say that it is an afterthought as the same is being filed at such a belated stage.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My father is kind of psychotic who tortures by words, he is two-faced. He speaks something non-sense and the next day he denies that he spoke that. My…

Read More

Can a 7 year old minor girl claim maintenance from her paternal grand parents after the death of her parents?…

Read More

I have fixed dipoited 8.75 lakhs in wife's account from my account & case and wife claim maintenance 125(3) for 2 children & got result 10…

Read More

Hamara pati Hume 5mahine se Ghar se bhag gaye hain hum or humare pati or humare do bachhe kiraye ke makan me rehte the or an WO koi kharch bhi nahi de…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue