×

What to do in the absence of a legal heir

My husband passed away & he has left few money in Bank, now bank is asking for legal heir for which I am not interested in sharing with my in laws and also don't have any communication with them now please help me with the alternative process for obtaining the legal heir

Upon the death of your husband, you become his legal heir together with your mother-in-law and your children. In any legal heirs certificate, you cannot choose to exclude any of the other legal heirs.

Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings from Nathan and Associates - A Solution Focused Law Firm..!
Factually to say, there is no option to obtain a LH certificate without mentioning your inlaws in the same until and unless you provide the death certificate of them. Further the mother of your husband is having extreme right to claim against the left overs of your husband..! Dont fall in easy trap of others who bluff that the same can be done..!

Advocate Preeti Joshi