What to do if wife is mentally harassing me and my parents

Sir my wife is haressing me and my family since last 4 years. She uses abusive language for me and my family members. My mother and father is around 70 years old and she said my parents are harressed her and she always use abusive language for them and threaten me to doowry case plz help me

Answers (2)

111 votes

It is better to get the matter be solved by involving your relatives from both sides your and your wife. This the answer as a person of a society. If this not happen then contact a lawyer to d
File a case according to situations. As if the house in which you and your wife is living is in the name of your father or mother then your mother can file a case of domestic violence against your wife.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

276 votes

You can file a suit for seeking divorce from your wife in case she is mentally harassing you and your family and you think that you can't continue the relationship any further. As it is this is a valid ground for obtaining divorce.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Im frm jatt sikh family n my bf is Patel , we want to get married but my parents refused my proposl to marry hin due to caste prob they haven’t …

Read More

My father is a habitual drunkard.He used to beat and abuse my mother,insanely shouting around and also push and slap me and my sister sometimes.He als…

Read More

I want my jewellery from in-laws which I got in my marriage by my grand parents which they are not giving because of small issues in family. I don'…

Read More

If I merry to a girl and her family is not happy with her choice...and if her family file a case against me ...then girl wanna live with me..and she i…

Read More