×

What to do if two adults are in love but family doesn't approve

Actually my friend wants to marry with his gf because he loves her alot and that girl also wants to marry with him so he ran out from her house but her parents begged n said that he'll do marriage of them so my friend let her go with her family but their family member was lier n they hide his gf n not answering his phone calls .so how could we find her

The consent of the family or the community or the clan is not necessary once the two adult individuals agree to enter into a wedlock, said the three judge bench comprising Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices AM Khanwilkar and DY Chandrachud while holding that any attempt by Khap Panchayats or any other assembly to scuttle or prevent two consenting adults from marrying is absolutely “illegal”.

"When two adults consensually choose each other as life partners, it is a manifestation of their choice which is recognized under Articles 19 and 21 of the Constitution", held the Court

Indeed a complex narration of facts by you. Please go ahead and file a writ of Habeas Corpus against the parents- the Court would direct the parents to produce rhe daughter before rhe Court- thats the only legal recourse that you would have.

Advocate Preeti Joshi