Continue to LawRato.com with Google


What to do if two adults are in love but family doesn't approve

Actually my friend wants to marry with his gf because he loves her alot and that girl also wants to marry with him so he ran out from her house but her parents begged n said that he'll do marriage of them so my friend let her go with her family but their family member was lier n they hide his gf n not answering his phone calls .so how could we find her

Answers (2)

The consent of the family or the community or the clan is not necessary once the two adult individuals agree to enter into a wedlock, said the three judge bench comprising Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices AM Khanwilkar and DY Chandrachud while holding that any attempt by Khap Panchayats or any other assembly to scuttle or prevent two consenting adults from marrying is absolutely “illegal”.

"When two adults consensually choose each other as life partners, it is a manifestation of their choice which is recognized under Articles 19 and 21 of the Constitution", held the Court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Indeed a complex narration of facts by you. Please go ahead and file a writ of Habeas Corpus against the parents- the Court would direct the parents to produce rhe daughter before rhe Court- thats the only legal recourse that you would have.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Dear sir,from last six months ito face family problems with my wife. Personally ito check her whatsaap, she moves closelywith her ralative. Both are i…

Read More

Iam a 22yrs old boy..iam in love with a girl.she completed 18yrs..Her parents is forcing her to marry someone else.They know our relation.so i need a …

Read More

I am married for last 1 and a half year ...did arrange marriage but it dint work out and I fell in love with another man. I confessed it to my wife bu…

Read More

I am in a extremely confused situation. i am married since November 2016, love marriage after a courtship of 6 years. i am assamese husband is marathi…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue