What to do if I am unable to pay maintenance decided by court

19-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
court are order to me a 6000 rs. maintenance amount under section 125 crpc. pay to my wife every month from the date of application , no any income prove are my recorded in court , and no any type of cruelty are prove against me. i have no children , my father was retired & i m still job less what can i do....please any suggestion
Answers (2)

Answer #1
909 votes
Please appeal against the Order stating that your circumstances have not been taken into consideration while passing the said Order and that you are financially not in a position to comply with the same. Pray for setting aside of maintenance order and fresh evidence to be taken into consideration while deciding the same.
Answer #2
609 votes
Is this the amont of interim maintaince or the final award. In both the situations you have the option of challenging this order to upper court. This is the only remedy, no other alternative. Where is the order from?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."