What to do if I am in love with my cousin

Hi myself from hyderabad i wants to marry my mothers sisters daughter we both love each other.my family said ok for marriage but problem is with her dad,i know it is prohibited under HMA is there any other solution for this? Her father forcing her to marry which he sees.

Answers (3)

Hindu religion it is prohibited such marriages. Why to go against the culture. Even if married it is voidable marriage.
Seems to be your age is very young and do not know which wrong and which is right. Some times physical attraction mislead you as love.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Sir, As per my knowledge and information
I your marriage will be void ab initio (Null and Void in the eye of law).
II. Hindu Marriage Act prohibits this type of marriage, you can't solemnize this marriage after getting conversion into another religion as well.
III. you can live together either in live in relationship or solemnization of marriage but whenever any complaint is filed then you should be ready to face consequences.
IV. if girl's side files any case under sec 363/496 for abduction and fraudulently solemnization of marriage then you'll be behind the bar because these offences are non bailable and cognizable.
V. And your plea that you love together will not sustain.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Hello, HM Act imposes certain prerequisites for a valid marriage amongst Hindus.But prohibited degrees if relationship can be exempted if your custom permits.For instance
.. amongst Choudhary*s it's permissible to get married under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955. Hence please specify your caste as well so that appropriate legal aid can be tendered.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hello I m in a relation with a girl from last 3 years ,she married a guy 2 month back but she is not able to adjust with him and want to marry me ,,,a…

Read More

I am 20 yrs. Old boy but in all my ID's i am of 18 now and I love a girl aged 21. I want to marry her but her family is forcing her to marry someo…

Read More

Hi sir, My girl has been house arrested since last 5days, her father is harassing her and beating his wife and children daily. Im helpless boy waiting…

Read More

Hello, I am a CA and my partner is also a CA and has a government job. We both love each other and wanna marry. My family doesn't want. His family…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue