What to do if husband is not giving me rent from the house

I m joint owner in 2 commercial shops in Delhi n rent agreement were executed in the court jointly. One with my husband n 2nd with my daughter in.law. I want to know if my husband does not allow me to take any rent n keeps everything in his control, can I ask the tenants to pay me the half rent direct in my name. Or suggest me otherwise.

If you are a joint owner of that property then you have a right to claim for half rent as per your share in the eyes of law. You can claim for it by the way of recovery suit and the accured interest but i won't suggest you to go for that option as that may severe your matrimonial relationship. It is always better to settle the things by the means of discussion in amicably manner. So try to settle down your dispute with your husband by discussion.

Yes, you may ask for the rent directly. there is no law to stop you from getting the rental income of your part from a property that you jointly hold with anyone. It does not matter if the co owner is your husband. in fact you can also take the arrears if your husband or daughter in law have not paid you your share of rent of previous months

Nishtha