What to do if husband is not giving me rent from the house

I m joint owner in 2 commercial shops in Delhi n rent agreement were executed in the court jointly. One with my husband n 2nd with my daughter in.law. I want to know if my husband does not allow me to take any rent n keeps everything in his control, can I ask the tenants to pay me the half rent direct in my name. Or suggest me otherwise.

Answers (2)

If you are a joint owner of that property then you have a right to claim for half rent as per your share in the eyes of law. You can claim for it by the way of recovery suit and the accured interest but i won't suggest you to go for that option as that may severe your matrimonial relationship. It is always better to settle the things by the means of discussion in amicably manner. So try to settle down your dispute with your husband by discussion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, you may ask for the rent directly. there is no law to stop you from getting the rental income of your part from a property that you jointly hold with anyone. It does not matter if the co owner is your husband. in fact you can also take the arrears if your husband or daughter in law have not paid you your share of rent of previous months


Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
8 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions


Read More

Respected Sir/Mam, I am a 24 year old woman. My family, especially my father is extremely orthodox and controlling person. He is also physically and m…

Read More

My son got married before five months His wife blamed that he is not capable to do the sexual relation.now these peoples are threatened us by means of…

Read More

I am a house wife my husband native belongs to , whereas due to some financial issues i settled down in my fathers house along with my husband after m…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue