What to do if husband and in laws are torturing and asking for dowry

09-May-2023 (In Family Law)
Meri mrg 2 saal phle hui thi.1 saal phle muje gudia hui..jb se baby girl hui laws muje mere maayke se lene e ni koi phn na koi aya milne b..2 mnth phle 1 panchayt k throhgh vha bhej dia gya..un logo ne fir se mere saath tonting kri girl child ko leke..or muje fr se apne parents k ghr chor k baad in laws ka na koi phn na koi lene aya..jb b phn kro paiso ki demand or ldki hone ko lekr mujse gali galoch krte hai..or ab husband khta hai ki mere mumy papa tuje apne sath nhi rkhege..tuje mere sath alag rhna pdega..husbad koi kam nhi kya in laws muje ghar se bahar nikal skte sb k piche husband k bhai jo police mein hai..un k khne pe ye sb ho rha kya vo log muje hubby k sath ghar se baahar nikal skte hai..ya hubby jo ki koi kam nhi krte muje jbrdsti us ghr se le ja skte hai..plz advice..meri baby girl child will be 1 year in this month...plz suggess i m very tense
Answers (4)

Answer #1
991 votes
You need a marriage expert advice and not of a legal expert. However, a lot depends on your husband. if he is not working then you have very big problem. it also depends on the ownership of the house, your in-laws are staying in. If it is self acquired property of them, you cannot do any thing.
What I would suggest to you is to live separate from your in-laws and as far as possible, far away from their place of residence, with your husband. Try to convince/motivate him to take a job. Do not go hard on him. hopefully, with the passage of time, things may improve.
Answer #2
962 votes
Don’t worry there are lot of provisions in legal system in your favour. U and your baby are legally entitled for share of property of your in laws. They can not through u out of home. U can file case against them. U and your baby will also get monthly maintenance from your husband. U will also get share in house of ur in laws.
Answer #3
824 votes
As per information provided by you .. your in laws not want u in thier home. You should file a case of domestic voilence . Also file a case of CRPC 125. It will be benificial for you and your doughter for future.
Answer #4
870 votes
sabse pehle aapko FIR darj karani chaiye domestic violence ke andar agar fir police darj nahi karti hai to crpc section 156(3) ke andar complaint dalni padegi FIR darj karane ke liye .complaint court me hogi aur court order dega FIR karne ke liye police ko. jab FIR darj ho jaye to aap maintenance ke liye bhi alag se court mein case file kar sakte hain Under section crpc 125 (maintenance of child and mother).
jab aap FIR likhwayen to apne husband ke bhai jo ki police mein hain ka naam jarur likhwayen ki wo mujhe dara dhamka raha hai.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."