What to do if father is not supporting financially and abuses alot

27-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
My father used to do domestic violence with my mother and us so one day we even had to call police. Since that day he got bit scared and now he don't beat us physically but he doesn't give us money for our daily financial needs and abuses verbally and torture us. We don't have money or family support to hire lawyer or file case against him. We belong to typical Indian hindu (ST) middle-class family. Need some advice as to what we can do.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
529 votes
Don't worry and be brave. You just approach the district court of your area, there would be an office of (KANUNI SAHAYTA KENDRA). This is a center set up in every court of india. Here some advocates are appointed to provide free aid to those who can afford fee. They will fight for your right and would also not charge any fee. If you or your siblings are minor, you can also approach to local police.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
564 votes
As per your problem,you need to file case under domestic violence. And as he is not supporting financially,then to get money you should file maintenance case under Cr.Pc sec hire a lawyer and take action against him
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."