What to do if daughter in law forcefully wants to settle with inlaws

My son got married in 2016 as love marraige without permission of family. Now he has gone abroad for study and got sick (T.B.) in Germany. in April, 2017. And Now the girl is forcing to come back or she will deport him.. What to do in this case. She has gone to CAW cell and came to our house that she is our daughter-in-law.. My son is unemployed and she is asking to settle her or divorce. What to do?

Answers (3)

126 votes

The daughter in Law can not ask for settlement from you. Only being parents of a son no cause of action arise against you. Therefore she can not ask any thing from you.
As far as son is concerned let her file a case first.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

207 votes

the main question is where is your son now and what do you and your son want to do?? You want to keep her or get her divorced from your son?? And is your son also living with you?? What are the grounds she raised before CAW cell??

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
162 votes

She only has right in her matrimonial home i.e where the husband is staying and in this case you can file a civil suit for injunction.
If she has approached CAW cell you can file an anticipatory bail.
Your son is unemployed is a matter of fact in case she file for maintenance
You have an option to go for pre litigation and settle the matter amicably before she goes for litigation process

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."