What remedy is available under Hindu Law against adultery?

I want to ask that how to file a case against wife under Hindu Marriage Act 1955; who is in Immoral relations with other guy & he is adult men. As per Section 5 i) ; Can I file a case against her? Also notable point is police deptt. saying that you can't do anything as her statement of her own will that of she is in relation with other guy(adult) as per her own will? But As per my study of Hindu Marriage Act 1955 we both are in relation of 20Yrs (legal Marriage of arranged type in same caste) & not divorced so can i file a legal case against her? Police deptt. is not doing such more investigation in this matter so i decided to go at court...Please advice! Thanks & Regards.

Answers (2)

130 votes

Hire some detectives or find some evidences against wife and her man. Strong proof against them that proves their adulterous relationship. And then knock the door of court to file criminal complaint and based on your evidence divorce case. But find gather evidences

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

116 votes

Yaa definitely you can file complaint against her as she is having illicit relationship. She is not legally entitled from you for anything. But see adultery is quite wild allegation. You can prove your case only when u r having very sound proofs. Also u will have to make that guy as accuse no.2.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."