What is the procedure to change names of my siblings in my documents

My sister and brother has taken diksha. Now they are saint (sadhu). Thier names has changed. Now I want change thier name is all documents and also change their father's name because according to religious tradition now they are the child of their respected GURU JI. So I want to add GURU JI's name as a father. So pls help us Thanks

Answers (3)

276 votes

In legal documents only the name of biological parents or adoptive parents can be mentioned. Since the real parents of your siblings are already alive, and plus there is no adoption here, so name of GURU cannot be added as father. GURU has to officially take adoption, if permissible under the law to give his name to siblings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

303 votes

You can not change their name,
If they made an affidavit and published in news paper and government gazette,
It will be effect on all their document,
For changing name, only person who change his or her name made affidavit, therefore you can not change their name.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
120 votes

1) They have taken diksha - RENOUNCED the world. So, must not have any attachment with NAME like things.
2) They can't change their biological fathers name, his/her guru is guru not father and they are disciple not children.
3) Even if their guru wants to declare them his children, he should think about adoption of you brother/sister.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."