What is the legal recourse against forceful cancellation of marriage

We both are hindu. But due to intercast marriage my father in law forcibly cancelled my marriage registration with sign of my wife .How can I save my marriage

Answers (3)

281 votes

Mere not signing the documents or denying will not hamper the validity of your legal marriage. Challenge their action or send them the notice. Anyhow it have no sanctioning over legality of your marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

119 votes

Marriage cant be cancelled. It can be null & void or only divorce is possible. Your marriage still exists as per law. If u want to call back your wife, file petition under section 9 HMA, 1955 AND file a writ petition before Hon'ble High Court. Besides that, if you have any fear from the relative of girl side you can also seek protection orders from court, if you are mature i.e. both of you have completed the age of majority.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
339 votes

Dear Sir,

A valid legal marriage certificate can only be annulled by divorce. The person wanting divorce should prove the grounds for divorce as stipulated in the Hindu Marriage Act. if such situation arises in defense you may state that your wife is being pressurized by her parents and relatives to give false evidence against you and it would be better pursue your suit for Restitution of conjugal rights, in that very situation.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."