What is the legal procedure to live alone as a major to have

11-Jun-2024 (In Family Law)
my parents died and i live with my brother not providing me proper foods and essential thing and not leting me to do my further studies and forcing me to marry without my concern iam legally 21 years and i dont want to marry i want to get a job and do my further studies what step should i take if i leave the home then they will search me and after that they if find me then they will humiliate me and i will face further violence please help me knowing me what step should i take
Answers (2)

Answer #1
506 votes
first of all how many people are their as your family members living in that particular house. what is the main reason for the humiliation of yours and who humiliates you. have you ever filed a complaint against them. how old are you and what you want exactly.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
834 votes
Mam you can file the domestic violence case against your brother because you are Living in domestic relationship moreover you didn't want to marry but your brother is pressurising you that means he's abusing you so you can file domestic violence case and by filing the case you can ask for maintenance moreover a separate accommodation by taking rent from your brother
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."